About Simon Kellett
Simon is a Senior Associate in our dispute resolution practice specialising in financial institutions
He advises on a wide range of litigation and regulatory proceedings in the banking and financial services sector, with a particular focus on Commercial Court litigation, global investigations, and global regulatory enforcement proceedings.
- Advising leading financial services institutions in relation to regulatory action brought by the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
- Advising leading financial services on financial crime related issues and investigations, including reporting obligations, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering, and other systems and controls issues.
- Advising leading financial institutions on multi-jurisdictional investigations arising from whistleblowing or systems and control failings.
- Advising a global financial institution in foreign proceedings in relation to the close-out of derivative positions following the default of its counterparty.
- Acting for investment trust in a Commercial Court claim alleging breach of contract and breach of confidence.
- Simon has spent time on secondment at Deutsche Bank AG and Morgan Stanley.
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, LLM (first class honours)
- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, LLB (first class honours)
- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, BCA
- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, BsC
- Simon is qualified in New Zealand