About Jonathan Kelly
Jonathan is an associate and solicitor-advocate based in Freshfields' London office. His broad practice involves advising on contentious situations arising during and immediately after transactions, investigating allegations of fraud and other misconduct, and acting for clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings.
Jonathan previously served as a judicial assistant in the Chancery Division of the High Court and his litigation experience includes acting in cases before the High Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and the Court of Justice of the EU. Jonathan has also coordinated and provided strategic advice in relation to parallel litigation and arbitration proceedings.
Previously seconded to the Freshfields arbitration team in Paris, Jonathan also has experience of commercial, investment treaty and sports arbitration.
Jonathan is fluent in French and has a working knowledge of Spanish.
- BCL, Brasenose College, University of Oxford (Distinction)
- LLB (Law and French), Trinity College Dublin (1st in class)
- Erasmus programme, University of Strasbourg
- Solicitor qualified in England and Wales
- Commercial Litigation Association
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association