About Dr. Steffen Kleefass
Steffen advises on M&A transactions, in the private equity sector in particular, as well as on general corporate matters.
Steffen is based in our Frankfurt office. He has also worked in our Hamburg (2014-2021), London (2018) and New York (2014) offices.
Steffen was named 'Lawyer of the Future' in 2021 and in 2022 for the private equity sector by Handelsblatt and Best Lawyers.
He speaks German, English, Italian, and some French.
- One Equity Partners (i) on its acquisition of the Fortaco Group, (ii) on its acquisition of a 29% stake in Cicor Technologies AG from HEB Swiss Investment AG, and (iii) on its add-on acquisition for the Walki Group of Finnish packaging producer Plastiroll OY from Sponsor Capital
- Blackstone on the sale of the mining business of the Schenck Process Group
- Hellman & Friedman and AutoScout24 (i) on their sale of Finanzcheck to smava, and (ii) on their acquisition of Leasingmarkt
- CVC (i) on its acquisition of the STARK Group from Lone Star, and (ii) on its acquisition of a 50% stake in DFE Pharma
- Triton and Leadec on the sale of the Veltec Group
- BC Partners (i) on its acquisition of the CeramTec Group from Cinven, and (ii) on its sale of the SGB-SMIT Group to One Equity Partners
- Maersk Line A/S on its acquisition of Hamburg Süd from the Oetker Group
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- University of Münster (Dr. iur.)
- University of California’s Hastings College of the Law (LL.M.)
- Universities of Heidelberg and Münster (law)