About Dr. Marvin Knapp
Marvin is a member of the firm's global transactions group and practises in the area of restructuring and insolvency.
Marvin advises corporates and lenders in the context of out-of court and in-court financial restructurings and refinancings. Marvin has a special focus on cross-border and multinational situations with complex capital structures including various types of financial instruments.
During his time at Freshfields, Marvin has been seconded to the Frankfurt and Chicago offices of a major investment bank and the London office of Freshfields.
Marvin speaks German, English, Spanish and French.
- Hamburg Commercial Bank on a liability management exercise in relation to its issued hybrid capital instruments (ongoing).
- The international BARTEC-group on its financial restructuring including a change of ownership and a significant capital injection by the new owners.
- The international airline Air Berlin on the initiation and conduct of insolvency proceedings including the temporary continuation of flight operations.
- Jack Wolfskin on the financial restructuring including a debt/equity swap by the senior lenders and the raising of a new credit line.
- Advising H.C. Starck Group on the extension of its first, second lien and mezzanine facilities including an extensive debt push-up.
- Advising IVG Immobilien AG on its financial restructuring by way of an insolvency plan, arguably the biggest insolvency plan in Germany by value.
- Advising Klöckner Pentaplast Group on its financial restructuring including the take-over of the group by junior lenders followed by various refinancings.
- Advising the ad hoc steering committee of noteholders of Deutsche Annington on the refinancing of its indebtedness, Europe’s largest CMBS, by way of an English scheme of arrangement.
- Advising Bridgepoint as the shareholder of the Rodenstock Group, the German eye glass manufacturer, on its financial restructuring through an English scheme of arrangement.
- University of Passau (First State Exam and Dr iur) and Concepción (Chile)
- Higher Regional Court (Oberlandesgericht) Hamburg (Second State Exam)