About Dr. Ralph Kogge
Ralph focuses on (international) mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs and joint ventures for both corporate and private equity clients.
Ralph is experienced in restructuring and insolvency as well as post-M&A litigation work. He has a strong record in the sectors global industries (mainly concentrating on chemicals, automotive and aerospace), energy and technology, media and telecommunications (TMT).
German and international clients come to Ralph for pragmatic solutions to complex cross-border matters. Ralph regularly works in cross-border teams, in partcular in a Belgian or French context.
Ralph is office managing partner of our Munich office as well as head of our German private M&A group.
He speaks German, English and French.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising Airbus Defence and Space on the carve-out of their sensors, electronic warfare and avionics businesses, and the subsequent sale of these businesses together with the optronics business to KKR.
- Advising LANXESS Deutschland GmbH on the joint venture with Saudi Aramco regarding its worldwide rubber business (2016) as well as the subsequent sale of the remaining 50% stake to Saudi Aramco (2018).
- Advising RWE AG on ist strategic realignment through an asset swap with E.ON SE, including the sale of Innogy SE.
- Advising E.ON on the carve-out and subsequent sale of their high-voltage transmission network.
- Advising Verlinvest SA on their investments in Rocket Internet SE, the restructuring of Global Fashion Group S.A. as well as of Lazada Group S.A.
- University of Heidelberg, Germany (Dr jur)
- University of Montpellier, France (Licence en Droit Privé)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany