About Dr. Hendric Labonté
Hendric Labonté specializes in advising on complex, often cross-border disputes.
This includes strategic and legal advice both out of court and in disputes before arbitral tribunals as well as state courts.
As part of his professional practice, in addition to a placement in our firm's Paris office, Hendric Labonté served on a secondment with a client in the service sector to advise on a mutli-jurisdictional defense against civil claims.
Hendric Labonté is a native German speaker, fluent in English and has a good knowledge of French.
- Advising Volkswagen AG in connection with claims from customers worldwide (excluding USA and Canada) as a result of the global recall of VW diesel vehicles due to nitrogen oxide emissions
- Comprehensive strategic advice to client regarding shareholder actions and actions by derivative investors in individual proceedings as well as regarding proceedings of collective redress
- Advising a local champion in cross-border litigation against a consumer goods manufacturer, including extensive coordination of expert reports
- Advising a German energy supplier in an ad hoc arbitration regarding a claim for adjustment of a long-term contract
- Advising a PE-client against attachment proceedings as a precursor for post-M&A arbitration
- Advising a global corporation on the assertion of a contractual earn-out provision
- Advising in the context of post-M&A disputes in agreed arbitration (expert) proceedings
- Advising an industrial client in the context of a product defect claim to be arbitrated
- Advidising a client in the context of shareholder disputes in the event of agreed arbitration proceedings
- Studies, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University Bonn
- Doctorate (Dr. iur.), Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University Bonn
- Legal clerkship in Cologne and London
- Attorney at Law (2017)