About Calvin Lai
Calvin has advised on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and regulatory matters for more than 26 years.
He advises companies and investment banks throughout the Asia-Pacific region on SEC-registered and private offerings of equity and debt securities that involve listings in the US, Hong Kong, or on regional stock exchanges.
Calvin's industry sector experience covers financial institutions, TMT, consumer, real estate, infrastructure, pharmaceutical and bio-tech, clean energy, oil and gas, and natural resources.
He speaks English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Advising on listings of XPeng (the first dual-primarily listing in New York and Hong Kong with a weighted voting rights structure), Alibaba (the largest US SEC registered equity offering in the world in 2019), Canaan, Baozun, Mingyuan Cloud, CMGE, Yixin, 51 Credit Card, Huifu, CICC, China Merchants Securities, CITIC Securities, Bank of China, China Everbright Bank, China Cinda Asset Management, China Pacific Insurance, China Minsheng Bank, Bank of Chongqing, Shengjing Bank, A Living, Chow Tai Fook Jewellery, Blue Moon, Nongfu Spring, Sun Art Retail, China Unicom, Qingdao Port, Longyuan Power, Yingli Solar, Huaneng Renewable, China Resources Cement, SANY Heavy Equipment, CITIC Dameng, NVC, BaWang, China Resources Pharmaceutical, Shanghai Pharmaceuticals, NT Pharma, Wanda and Evergrande.
- Advising on the rights issuances of China Merchant Securities, China Merchant Bank, China Construction Bank, CITIC Bank, PICC Property & Casualty, Bank of Chongqing, Krung Thai Bank, Esprit and United Laboratories.
- Advising on the debt offerings of Tencent, China Electronics, China City Construction, TUS Holding, Unigroup, Anhui Expressway, Qingdao Investment, Beijing Capital Investment, Changsha Pilot Investment, Shui On Land, China Development Bank, National Power Corporation of the Philippines, China Oriental, Evergrande Property, Zhongsheng Auto and Yingde Gas.
- Advising on the REIT offering of China Merchants.
- US and Hong Kong qualified.