About Virginie Lassez
Virginie is a Law Clerk in our international arbitration group, based in Washington D.C.
Virginie is trained in common and civil law and specializes in international law and arbitration. She focuses her practice on disputes in Latin America and has acted in investment treaty arbitrations in English and Spanish conducted under ICSID Rules. Virginie previously worked in the London office, where she is qualified to practice as a solicitor.
Virginie speaks English, French, Spanish and Italian.
- Representing Smurfit Holdings in an ICSID arbitration against Venezuela under the Netherlands-Venezuela BIT arising from the expropriation of its investments in relation to the paper-packaging industry in Venezuela
- LL.B., King’s College London
- Licence de droit, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Master 1, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- LL.M. in International Legal Studies, Georgetown University Law Center
- Solicitor of England and Wales
- Admitted in New York
- Admitted in Washington D.C.