About Hugh Laundy
Hugh focuses on M&A, private equity transactions, co-investments, management incentivisation and other corporate matters for multinational corporates, private equity sponsors and other financial investors in transactions across a range of sectors.
Hugh trained at Freshfields and has spent time on secondment to Freshfields’ Tokyo office.
- Advising Tilney (a Permira portfolio company) on its £1.8 billion merger with Smith & Williamson.
- Advising First Reserve on its acquisition of The Weir Group Plc’s Flow Control division, now Trillium Flow Technologies.
- Advising First Reserve on the sale of M Group Services, a £1bn turnover business that delivers a range of essential infrastructure services to regulated sectors of utilities (electricity, gas and water), transport, telecom and data in the UK and Ireland.
- Advising Montagu Private Equity on its acquisition of Wireless Logic Group, Europe’s leading smart connectivity platform provider.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its agreement to dispose of its majority stake in Sky Betting and Gaming to The Stars Group Inc. in a cash-and-shares transaction valued at approximately US$4.7 billion.
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales