About Jenny Leahy
Jenny’s practice covers all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including merger control and foreign investment, investigations, abuse of dominance, and compliance and risk management strategies.
She has experience of advising clients across a wide range of sectors, with a particular focus on the consumer goods, pharmaceutical/healthcare, media and financial services sectors. Highlights include advising on high-profile, complex merger control transactions, including public takeovers. She is a pragmatic, commercially minded lawyer.
Based in London, she has also spent time on secondment in our Washington DC office. Jenny has lectured and written on various aspects of competition law, including due process in EU proceedings. She previously chaired the Freshfields London Women’s Network.
Jenny is fluent in Dutch and English.
- Advising Comcast on its £30.6bn acquisition of Sky. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Acting for London Stock Exchange Group on its recommended £21bn merger with Deutsche Börse.
- Advising M&G Asset Management in relation to the FCA’s asset management market study.
- Advising ChemChina on the global merger control and foreign investment aspects of its $1bn acquisition of industrial machinery maker KraussMaffei Group and its $8bn public bid for Italian tyre giant Pirelli, which required clearance in over 15 jurisdictions.
- Advising Betfair on its £5bn merger with Paddy Power.
- Assisting a major financial institution on the global investigations into alleged foreign exchange manipulation.
- King's College London (Postgraduate Diploma in Economics for Competition Law)
- BBP Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course)
- University College London (LLM in EU Competition Law with postgraduate distinction)
- University of Maastricht, Netherlands (LLB)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Editorial Board, Journal of Antitrust Enforcement (Oxford University Press)