About Dr. Andrea Lensing-Kramer
Andrea is a highly experienced IP/IT lawyer specialising in contentious and non-contentious trademark work as well as all areas of unfair competition law.
She has been involved in numerous landmark German and European trademark cases, including obtaining the first higher court decision world-wide on the liability of e-commerce platform providers for trademark infringement.
Her non-contentious expertise includes advising on licensing, distribution and joint venture agreements, any IP aspects of M&A transactions and multinational trademark policies. She regularly advises on branding and marketing campaigns, strategic brand positioning, unfair competition disputes and product launches. The specific challenges of online distribution and social media are part of her day-to-day business.
Many of her clients are leading multinational brand owners in the consumer, technology, healthcare and finance industries. Having advised many of them for years, she has developed an excellent understanding of their markets.
- Providing comprehensive IP and brand portfolio advice to well-known clothing companies, particularly in relation to the acquisition of luxury brands and their world-wide licensing.
- Advising leading clothing retailers on trademark and competition matters, agency and sponsorship agreements, marketing campaigns, licensing etc.
- Advising Volkswagen, in the 'diesel' scandal, on alleged unfair competition claims and actions initiated by NGOs around the globe.
- Providing comprehensive advice to consumer goods manufacturers on trademark and unfair competition law when they introduce new products, in connection with lookalikes, and on infringements of their brands and designs.
- University of Cologne, Germany (legal education and doctorate in law - Dr jur)
- Alumni of Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes, a German cultural foundation
- German (Düsseldorf) Bar
- German Intellectual Property and Copyright Association (GRUR), including its trademark and unfair competition committee
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA), including its trademark enforcement policy advocacy subcommittee
- Chair of INTA's Europe Roundtable Project Team
- Assistant at the University of Cologne, Germany (1985 to 1987)
- Assistant at the Legal Service of the European Commission (1991)