About Maria Paz Lestido
Maria Paz is an associate in our international arbitration practice, based in New York.
Maria Paz’s experience includes advising clients in commercial and investor-state arbitrations, with a particular focus in Latin America. She has worked in arbitration proceedings under ICC, ICSID, ICSID Additional Facility, and UNCITRAL rules. Maria Paz has also served as secretary in arbitral proceedings. She is an active member of our pro bono team.
Maria Paz is fluent in English and Spanish and proficient in Portuguese.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), Harvard Law School, United States (2018).
- Law degree (JD equivalent), University of Montevideo, Uruguay (2016).
- Admitted to practice in Uruguay (2016).
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York (2020).
- Admitted as a Special Legal Consultant in the District of Columbia (2019)
- DC Very Young Arbitration Practitioners, Founder.