About Daphne Lin
Daphne is an associate in our antitrust, competition and trade practice, based in Washington, DC. Daphne advises clients on a broad range of antitrust law issues, with a particular focus on merger litigation and civil antitrust litigation.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Daphne was a trial attorney in the Healthcare and Consumer Products Section at the U.S. Department of Justice’s Antitrust Division. Her work at the DOJ included civil merger and conduct investigations. She also worked on trial teams for the DOJ (US v. Anthem/Cigna and US v. AT&T/Time Warner).
Daphne is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Advising Google in The State of Texas, et al. v. Google, LLC and in the MDL In re Google Advertising Antitrust Litigation, in its defense of litigation brought by state AGs, as well as various class action plaintiffs, alleging violations of Sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act in connection with Google’s ad tech business
- Successfully defending Evonik in trial against the FTC's attempt to block its proposed acquisition of PeroxyChem, a competing hydrogen peroxide producer
- Advising Cargill in multidistrict U.S. class action litigation alleging the group boycott of electronic crop inputs sales platforms
- Successfully winning dismissal for Cengage in class actions challenging Inclusive Access programs as monopolizing and foreclosing competition for the sale of course materials
- Advising a Norwegian farm-raised salmon producer in multidistrict U.S. class action litigation alleging price-fixing of farm-raised Atlantic salmon sold into the United States
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center
- BA, Economics and Psychology, New York University
- Member, American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- Member, ABA Section of Antitrust Law: Global Private Litigation Committee
- Admitted to practice in New York and the District of Columbia