About George Lumbers
George is an associate in our EU disputes team, advising on competition and commercial law disputes and investigations.
George has particular experience in competition-related regulatory investigations and follow-on litigation, including follow-on damages cases before the High Court of England and Wales.
During his time at Freshfields, George has spent six months on secondment to the firm's Berlin office.
- Representing ABB in a number of cartel damages claims arising from the European Commission's infringement decision in relation to power cables, including the leading National Grid v ABB High Court litigation and the BritNed v ABB High Court claim.
- Acting for a manufacturer in UK High Court environmental litigation.
- Advising a global bank in relation to the ongoing worldwide investigations into the foreign exchange markets.
- University of Edinburgh – MA in History
- BPP University – Graduate Diploma in Law
- BPP University – Legal Practice Course
- Qualified in England & Wales