About Martin C. Mekat
Martin Mekat is a disputes partner based in our Frankfurt and Munich offices. He advises clients in complex commercial disputes.
Martin represents clients in a broad range of litigation and arbitration proceedings, often involving cross-border elements. Martin also adivses on class actions and mass claims. His clients are from a variety of sectors with a focus on tech and general industries. A large part of his work is international, and he regularly works with both our international offices and our Stronger Together network. Martin has worked as a secondee in our London office and in the Sydney offices of one of our Stronger Together partners. Over the years Martin has acted for clients in numerous countries and was involved in several of Germany’s landmark disputes. He is the co-editor of the leading class action practice compendium in Germany and publishes frequently on dispute resolution-related topics. Clients value his analytical mind and rely on his expertise on some of their most complex matters.
Martin speaks German, English, and French.
- Advising a tech client on various aspects of its mass claim defence.
- Advising an automobile manufacturer on the coordination of its global defence of customer claims.
- Representing a German industry conglomerate on post-compliance follow-on damages claims
- Representing a leading energy company in a dispute with the German government relating to the nuclear phase-out.
- Representing automobile manufacturers in several institutional arbitration proceedings in relation to distribution law issues.
- Representing a leading German industrial (listed) company in D&O claims of more than €300m against management members.
- University of Heidelberg, Germany (Dr iur)
- University of Konstanz, Germany
- Université Aix-en-Provence (Aix-Marseille III), France
- Trinity College, University of Oxford, UK (MJur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Lecturer at the EBS law school in Wiesbaden, Germany, in both German and English language