About Federico Mercuri
Federico specialises in internal investigations, criminal/regulatory enforcement proceedings and domestic/cross-border litigation, including mass claims.
Federico has an extremely varied investigation, advisory and litigation practice. He advises clients in multi-faceted, cross-border investigations as well in complex litigation, risk management and support to M&A deals.
His expertise ranges from contractual and pre-contractual liability, tort claims, derivatives and financial instruments. regulatory breaches and post M&A claims to shareholder disputes, insurance claims, risk management and compliance, construction claims, white-collar crimes and sanctions.
Federico joined the firm in 2013 as a trainee and became an associate in 2015. Among others, he is one of the founders and core members of the Firm's Italy ESG group.
Of Italian mother tongue, he is fluent in English and has a basic knowledge of French and Spanish.
- Providing assistance to a leading automotive group during the investigation of alleged manipulation of its vehicles' emissions and related misrepresentations to the consumers.
- Advising a major telecommunications services group in the context of an internal investigation on possible wrongdoing and misconduct at the level of the Italian subsidiary and in the related proceedings against former directors.
- Representing a multinational manufacturing company in two insurance litigation stemming from parallel construction disputes being brought in the UK.
- Assisting a major banking institution in assessing and ensuring compliance of their many projects with the EU sanctions regime and in taking any appropriate steps under the relevant contractual documentation.
- Delivering assistance to a leading pharmaceutical company during an internal audit concerning compliance with local laws on anti-bribery and corruption at the level of the Italian subsidiary.
- Representing a major telecommunications services company in a post-M&A ICC arbitration.
- Providing assistance to the Italian subsidiary of a leading international IT group in the context of an investigations of alleged tax infringements.
- La Sapienza, University of Rome (JD, magna cum laude)
- Admitted to the Italian Bar (avvocato)