About Engie Mohsen
Engie is an Associate in our International Arbitration Group and Global Investigations Group.
Engie has experience working on international disputes with a focus on investor-state arbitration, commercial arbitration, and international litigation. She has acted in matters under a variety of arbitration rules and across a range of sectors including general commercial disputes, construction, energy and real estate.
Engie has also advised clients on global investigations for fraud, financial crime, bribery, corruption, and asset-tracing across several jurisdictions.
Engie is a member of the New York Bar. She is fluent in English and Arabic with proficiency in French and Spanish.
A sample of Engie's recent experience includes advising:
- investors in an ICSID arbitration against Kuwait arising out of the development of a real-estate project.
- a global investment holding company in relation to relation to breaches of contract and investment arbitration procedures.
- a Middle Eastern energy corporation in ad hoc expert determination proceedings concerning construction claims.
- a Saudi Arabian petrochemical company in relation to its internal investigation of fraud, bribery, and corruption.
- a multinational automation company in relation to its litigation for removal of a commercial agent.
- a multinational mobile telecommunications company in relation to its internal investigation of anti-money laundering and bribery in connection with US litigations.
- a multinational mobile telecommunications company with investments in Syria, in relation to its business operations and exposure to sanctions.
- an oil super major on jurisdictions with favourable BIT protections for new business operations.
- a multinational organization in relation to negotiating public hospital contracts.
- a multinational organization in relation to litigating civil claims.
- a multinational company in relation to its dispute and contract termination in multiple jurisdictions.
- a global investment holding company on its pre-acquisition due diligence in relation to favourable jurisdictions for BIT protections.
- a multinational bank in relation to international civil procedure for a UK litigation.
- a holding company on the enforcement of a foreign judgment.
- a holding company in relation to the investigation of fraudulent transactions by subsidiaries.
- Master of Laws, Georgetown University Law Center
- Master of Arts, American University
- Juris Doctor, American University
- New York Bar