About Nico Moravia
Nico Moravia is a counsel and head of the public and regulatory law sector in Italy.
Throughout his career, Nico has been involved in administrative law, in particular in public procurement, assignment and management of local public services, publicly owned companies, town planning and construction, environment, as well as in regulated sectors such as telecommunications, energy, transport, waste and water. He has been involved in major infrastructure projects, including project finance transactions for the construction of large freeway infrastructures, stadiums and public hospitals.
Nico has a strong experience in litigation before the Italian administrative courts.
- Advising the Italian Prime Minister Office on structuring and defining the public procedures for granting 6.7 bn euros of public funds that the PNRR dedicates to the development of broadband networks in Italy
- Assisting a leading Italian TLC operator in regulatory issues against the Italian TLC Agency
- Advising the contracting authority for the realization of Brenner base rail tunnel on the application of public procurement regulation related to cross-border tenders
- General assistance on public procurement matter in favor of a publicly owned company operating in the water sector
- Representing a leading private equity firm in a litigation agaist the Italian Government's veto of the sale of Italian companies in application of the FDI regulation in the agribusiness sector
- Assisting leading multinational operators in litigations against the Italian Competion Authority on cartel cases
- Assisting a pharmaceutical company in a clean-up proceeeding for the remediation of a contaminated area
- University of Florence, Italy (JD, magna cum laude)
- Admitted to the Italian Bar (avvocato)
- Admitted to the Italian Supreme Court of Cassation (Corte Suprema di Cassazione)