About Tom Morgan
Tom’s areas of practice include advising clients on EU multijurisdictional merger control cases and behavioural mandates including state aid, abuse of dominance and other anti-competitive conduct.
He is based in New York, and has spent time working in our London, Brussels, and Berlin offices. Before joining the firm as a trainee, Tom was an intern at the House of Commons.
- Advising AstraZeneca on its $39bn acquisition of Alexion.
Advising Cengage on its all-stock merger with McGraw-Hill Education, Inc. creating a new global learning company for college textbooks, other higher-education materials, and K-12 learning solutions.
- Advising Mars on its US$3bn acquisition of Iams and Eukanuba pet food brands from Procter & Gamble.
- Advising LANXESS on the creation of its €2.75bn joint venture with Saudi Aramco in relation to rubber.
- Advising Ferrovial on the sale of interests in Heathrow Airport to China Investment Corporation and Qatar Holding; and Heathrow Airport on its disposal of Stansted Airport.
- Advising Rosneft on numerous strategic joint ventures with ExxonMobil and other oil majors.
- Assessing various agreements and commercial structures in light of the anti-competition restrictions in Articles 101 and 102 TFEU.
- BPP Law School, London (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course)
- Warwick University, UK (BSc Philosophy, Politics and Economics)
- Solicitor, England and Wales, Ireland
- Licensed as a Foreign Legal Consultant in the State of New York