About Anna Nersesian
Anna is a finance partner in Freshfields’ global transactions practice and is based in our Dubai office.
She specialises in banking, general finance, structured finance and derivatives, and has extensive experience in project finance, trade and export finance.
Anna works with commercial banks, governmental agencies (including export credit agencies) and other global financial institutions on a variety of domestic and international finance and corporate matters, including convertible, structured notes and other debt issuances, rights issuances and private placements.
She has spent time seconded to our New York office where she represented hedge funds and investment banks in connection with their prime brokerage activities, ISDA and related derivatives trading documentation.
Anna is fluent in Russian and English and also speaks Spanish.
- Representing a syndicate of 22 financial institutions across Europe, China and Japan on a multi-source €11.4bn ECAs-backed project financing of the construction by Gazprom of the Amur gas processing plant (with a total capex of ca €19bn) in the Amur region in the Russian Far East;
- Advising Mitsui in connection with its participation in Arctic LNG2 project in the Gydan Peninsula in the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Region of Russia;
- Advising OZON, one of the largest retail marketplaces in Russia and a leading fintech company, on raising up to RUB 6bn secured bridge financing for general corporate purposes;
- Representing Aman Group S.a.r.l, a luxury hotel group, on senior secured multicurrency facility up to an equivalent of US$53m (and a related cross-border security package) provided by UBS Switzerland AG and on a subsequent upsize of the facility;
- Advising Raiffeisenbank on up to US$ 75mln (with an upsize option up to US$ 120 mln) Russian law syndicated facility to Borets Group, the global leader in manufacturing of submersible pump systems, backed by guarantees from group companies in the US, UAE, Russia;
- Advising Deutsche Bank Securities on its derivatives and brokerage activities, ISDA Master Agreements and related instruments with numerous counterparties, including hedge funds and other dealers;
- Advising International Capital Markets Association (ICMA) on the Russian law netting opinion in relation to the Global Master Repurchase Agreement (GMRA) and development of the Russian Annex to the GMRA;
- Advising Goldman Sachs on a structured forward transaction relating to one of its portfolio companies;
- Representing Goldman Sachs and Bank of America in connection with an up to US$ 500m margin loan financing.
- MGIMO Law School, Russia
- Columbia University School of Law, New York, United States (LLM)
- Admitted to the New York State Bar
- Licensed to practise in Dubai, UAE