About Thomas Ng
Thomas specialises in banking and energy transactions throughout Asia and around the world.
Tom is a partner in our finance group specialising in banking and project financings. He also has a special focus on global energy and resource transactions for both PRC and non-PRC clients, ranging from M&A transactions in the power sector to oil-backed financings for Chinese banks to cross-border crude oil supply contracts. Tom regularly advises PRC utilities and financial institutions on their most challenging global projects as well as international companies looking to make investments in the PRC.
Tom joined Freshfields in 2015, having previously worked at another leading international law firm in Hong Kong and Beijing. He is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Advising ChemChina on the acquisition financing in respect of KraussMaffei Group, a German machinery manufacturing company.
- Advising China Minsheng Investment in respect of its investment in Luxaviation, the related acquisition financing and refinancing.
- Advising Permira on the senior and mezzanine acquisition financing for its purchase of Tricor Holdings Limited.
- Advising Tesco on its sale of its Homeplus business in Korea and advising Tesco on certain funds aspect of the bidders’ acquisition financings in respect of such sale.
- Advising a consortium of Chinese investors on the senior and junior acquisition financing for its purchase of Spanish waste management business Urbaser, S.A., the largest FDI into Spain to date from China.
- Magdalene College, Cambridge
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong, and England and Wales.