About Thomas Ng
Thomas specialises in leveraged finance, project development and project finance and energy transactions throughout Asia and around the world.
Tom is a partner in our finance group specialising in leveraged finance, project development and project financings. In addition to advising international private capital sponsors on leveraged financing transaction, he also has a special focus on global energy and resource transactions, ranging from M&A transactions in the power sector to oil & gas project financings to the development of waste to energy projects in emerging markets.
Tom joined Freshfields in 2015, having previously worked at another leading international law firm in Hong Kong and Beijing. He is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Advising Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC), Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) on their facilities to Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank (VP Bank) to fund micro, small- and medium-sized enterprises, and female-led enterprises in Vietnam, and other social purposes.
- Advising China Tianying Inc. and its majority held Vietnamese project company in relation to the construction, operation and development of a 90MW waste-to-energy power station in Hanoi City, Vietnam, which is the largest waste-to-energy plant in Vietnam.
- Advising a global PE company on its US$206 million acquisition financing from China Industrial Bank in relation to its acquisition of a 60% interest in a China based restaurant chain.
- Advising a global luxury fashion group which owns several internationally-recognised luxury brands on the financing for its acquisition of certain trademarks registered in Japan from a Japanese trading house, with a Korean securities firm as lender.
- Advising Guarantee and Investment Facility, a trust fund of the Asian Development Bank (CGIF) in relation to the early redemption of the SG$50,000,000 bond issued by Fullerton Health Corporation (Issuer) in 2016, which was guaranteed by CGIF.
- Advising a leading international private equity sponsor on a US$45m share-backed facility from Deutsche Bank to partially fund the privatisation from the NYSE of a private hospital group in China.
- Advising the borrower on a US$15m financing ahead of a potential IPO by a medical device company.
- Magdalene College, Cambridge
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong, and England and Wales.