About Norbert Nolte
Norbert is an expert on compliance and investigations, corporate crime and data privacy.
Norbert is listed as one of the leading (JUVE) and most highly regarded (WWL) investigations lawyers in Germany. A seasoned advisor in the compliance arena, his experience ranges from global investigations on complex fraud and bribery cases to corporate defence work and crisis management advice in cybersecurity incidents.
In addition, Norbert has 25 years of experience in data privacy, telecommunications and information technology law. In particular his data privacy advice is praised by his clients as reasonable and commercially viable. He offers advice that clients can live with.
Norbert lectures Internet and data privacy law at the University of Cologne.
- Advising Airbus in relation to investigations and compliance work since 2012.
- Advising Audi and Volkswagen in global criminal proceedings related to the diesel matter.
- Advising a private equity investor with respect to customs, sanctions and criminal investigations in six EU jurisdictions.
- Advising implementation of anti-bribery compliance systems for more than 20 clients.
- Preparing clients from various industry sectors on compliance with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Universities of Saarbrücken, Bonn and Surrey/UK
- Doctorate in law, University of Bonn
- Lectures in Internet and data privacy law at the University of Cologne (Honorary Professor)
- Associate in the Corporate Technology Department of Powell Goldstein Frazer & Murphy, Atlanta/USA in 1995
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany