About Norbert Nolte
Norbert is an expert on compliance and investigations, corporate crime and data protection. He heads the firm’s dispute resolution practice in Continental Europe.
Norbert is listed as one of the leading investigations lawyers in Germany by JUVE. A seasoned advisor in the compliance arena, his experience ranges from global investigations around the world on complex fraud and bribery cases to corporate defence work vis-à-vis public prosecutors and before the courts.
In addition, Norbert has more than 20 years of experience in data privacy, telecommunications and information technology law. In particular his privacy and data protection advice is praised by his clients as reasonable and commercially viable. He offers advice that clients can live with.
Norbert is a Honorary Professor for Internet and Data Privacy Law at the University of Cologne.
- Advising Airbus in relation to investigations and compliance work since 2012.
- Advising Audi and Volkswagen in global criminal proceedings related to the diesel matter.
- Advising a private equity investor with respect to customs, sanctions and criminal investigations in six EU jurisdictions.
- Advising implementation of anti-bribery compliance systems for more than 20 clients.
- Preparing clients from various industry sectors on compliance with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Universities of Saarbrücken, Bonn and Surrey/UK
- Doctorate in law, University of Bonn
- Lectures in Internet and data privacy law at the University of Cologne (Honorary Professor)
- Associate in the Corporate Technology Department of Powell Goldstein Frazer & Murphy, Atlanta/USA in 1995
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany