Skip to main content

Profile hero

Profile details

About Junko Ohara

Junko Ohara is an associate in our Tokyo office. She focuses on general corporate work, in particular cross-border public and private M&A. She also assists clients on equity-based compensation schemes and compliance issues (anti-bribery, sanction and data protection).

She speaks Japanese and English.

 

Recent work

  • Advising Lenovo on its JPY 25.5billion acquisition of 51% of Fujitsu’s PC business (including joint venture arrangements between Lenovo and Fujitsu going forward) by way of acquisition of shares in Fujitsu Client Computing Limited (FCCL), with the option to acquire the remaining 49% of FCCL’s shares upon the exercise of an option
  • Advising US food company on sale of its part of business.
  • Advising a Japanese real estate company on acquisition of 50% of a Singaporean company.
  • Advising listed Japanese companies on their global long-term incentive plan and coordinating maximum 18 countries multi-jurisdictional legal review.
  • Advising JBIC on its guarantee of JPY55,000,000,000 Samurai Bonds placement by Russian gas company Gazprom.
  • Advising Carnival Corporation & plc on its investment in the construction of a new terminal building at Sasebo port in connection with the long-term strategic partnership with Sasebo city.
  • Advising a pharmaceutical company and trading company on new data privacy policy.

 

Qualifications

Education

  • Keio University
  • Hitotsubashi University Law School
  • Legal Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan

Professional qualifications

  • Admitted as a Japanese bengoshi

Professional memberships

  • Dai-ni Tokyo Bar Association