About Jonathon Oldfield
Jonathon is an Associate in our Antitrust Litigation team in London.
Jonathon advises on competition, commercial and public law disputes, as well as regulatory investigations and antitrust compliance.
Jonathon has particular experience in advising on follow-on competition litigation and collective actions before the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal.
During his time at Freshfields, Jonathon has spent six months on secondment to the firm's Brussels office.
- Advising Mastercard in the Merricks v Mastercard proceedings, in relation to the first major consumer claim under the new UK collective proceedings regime and one of the largest damages claims brought in the UK.
- Acting for Volvo/Renault Trucks in co-ordinating its Europe-wide defence of claims arising from the European Commission’s infringement decision relating to the trucks industry.
- BPP Law School - Graduate Diploma in Law; Legal Practice Course
- Pembroke College, University of Cambridge - MA, History
- Qualified in England and Wales