About Ciara O'Loughlin
Ciara is an associate in our global transactions team based in Abu Dhabi. She advises on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, corporate governance and general corporate law matters.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Ciara worked at a leading firm in Australia.
- Advising Luxinva S.A., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), on the recommended cash acquisition of Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC valued at £4.46bn. The consortium is led by Swedish investment firm EQT Fund Management S.a.r.l. with Luxinva S.A. as co-investor.
- Advising DP World in relation to its US$13.9 billion takeover by Port & Free Zone World FZE.
- Advising DP World in relation to its acquisition of feeder shipping businesses operating in the Indian Subcontinent.
- Advising a major oil and gas company in relation to a technology development joint venture.
- Advising Meraas Holding on its Dh56bn retail property joint venture with Brookfield Asset Management.
- Advising a sovereign wealth fund on a variety of matters.