About Maha Osman
Maha is a corporate associate based in Dubai.
Prior to moving to Dubai, Maha worked in our London corporate practice group. Maha has worked on a broad range of corporate transactions with a focus on private equity transactions.
She speaks fluent English and Arabic.
- Advising The Abraaj Group on its acquisition of a 100% stake in Fan Milk International, West Africa’s market leading manufacturer and distributor of frozen dairy products and juices operating in the growth markets of Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Benin and Burkina Faso. The largest ever FMCG Private Equity transaction in Sub-Saharan Africa, outside RSA. Special Recognition Deal - Landmark Deal of the Year Private Equity Africa Awards 2014.
- Advising China’s HNA Aviation Group on its agreement to acquire a majority stake in SR Technics, a Swiss aircraft-maintenance service provider, from Mubadala.
- Advising Sovereign-backed, Shariah-compliant financial investor Fajr Capital on its cross-border acquisition of a controlling interest in Dubai-based Cravia Group (Cravia). Cravia is one of the region’s fastest growing food and beverage companies and owns the franchise rights/licence to operate brands such as Cinnabon, Seattle's Best Coffee, Zaatar w Zeit and the number one burger brand in America, Five Guys to its expanding portfolio, securing the U.S. chain's franchise rights for the Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Qatar markets.
- Advising The Abraaj Group on the partial exit of its stake in Egypt-based Integrated Diagnostics Holdings, the leading emerging markets medical testing and diagnostics business, to private equity firm, Actis.
- Advising Gulf Capital on the management buy-out of Dubai-based Destinations of the World (DOTW). The leading travel accommodation wholesaler in the region and one of the top 10 globally, DOTW secures access to hotel room inventory in different travel destinations and sells hotel room bookings to its multi-regional distribution network of travel agents, online travel agents, airlines and tour operators.
- Advising The Abraaj Group on its acquisition of a majority stake (from Actis and the founding family) in Mouka Limited, one of Nigeria’s household brand names and largest sleep product manufacturers.
- Solicitor, England and Wales, 2014
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School (London), 2011
Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law (London), 2010
BA Economics and Religious Studies, University of Virginia, 2007