About Miriam Pérez-Schafer
Miriam advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings, company law and general commercial work.
She has wide experience advising domestic and international clients, particularly in Asia and North America, as well as strategic and financial investors, on mergers and acquisitions of listed and, especially, non-listed companies. These include Mitsui & Co., Ltd, WPP, Naturgy, Amadeus, Reed Elsevier and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
In 2009-2010 she completed a one-year secondment at the legal department of Amadeus.
Miriam speaks Spanish and English, and has dual Spanish and US nationality.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman and GIC on their agreement to acquire Allfunds Bank from Banco Santander, Intesa Sanpaolo, General Atlantic and Warburg Pincus, for €1.8bn.
- Advising Mitsui & Co., Ltd on its agreement to acquire a 12.53 per cent stake in Gestamp Automoción and its minority investment in GRI Renewable Industries.
- Advising Amadeus IT Group on its acquisitions of the German company i:FAO and of NMTI Holdings (based in the US) and its group of companies. Miriam also advised on the sale of Opodo (the online travel agency) to AXA Private Equity and Permira.
- Advising an international financial investor on the potential acquisition of Novo Banco (one of the major retail banks in Portugal) through an auction process led by the Bank of Portugal.
- Advising Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its investment in Altamira Asset Management Holdings for €664m.
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE), Madrid, Spain (law)
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington DC, US (LLM in international legal studies)
- Madrid and New York Bars