About Richard Perks
Richard is a partner in our global transactions group.
He specialises in advising on M&A and corporate finance and is recognised as a leading individual in these areas.
Richard is frequently sought for transactions that are regarded as particularly high profile, politically sensitive or complex.
He has advised on many of Asia’s most significant transactions in recent years. Richard has worked in our offices in London, New York, Tokyo and Hong Kong.
He is a fluent Japanese speaker and is proficient in Chinese and French.
He has advised on many of Asia’s most significant transactions in recent years, including:
- Advising Shenzhen Mindray on its acquisition of Hytest Invest Oy headquartered in Finland from Summa Capital;
- Advising Geely on its US$9bn acquisition of a 9.69% stake in Daimler (the largest ever Chinese investment in Germany; Finance Deal of the Year 2018 - China Law & Practice Awards 2018);
- Advising Geely on its $3.3bn acquisition of a 14.9% stake in AB Volvo, the listed Swedish truck and bus maker, from Cevian Capital (China Deal of the Year and M&A Deal of the Year-Standard by ALB China Law Awards 2019);
- Advising Midea on its €4.5bn acquisition of Kuka (the largest ever acquisition of a German company by a Chinese company; shortlisted for Finance Deal of the Year and Outbound Deal of the Year by China Law & Practice Awards 2017);
- Advising China Evergrande on its acquisition of Protean Holdings;
- Advising Permira on its acquisition of Tricor;
- Advising Permira on its acquisition of a stake in Grobest Group;
- Advising Shanghai Raas on a material asset restructuring and substantial corporate reorganisation;
- Advising Creat on its £820m acquisition of Bio Products Laboratory; and
- Advising KKR on its acquisition of certain oil and gas assets in Indonesia.
- Graduate School of Law and Politics, University of Tokyo, Japan (Monbusho scholar and visiting researcher in law)
- Graduate School of Law, Osaka University, Japan (AIEJ scholar and visiting researcher in law)
- Keio University, Japan (Monbusho scholar)
- London University, UK
- Admitted to practise as a solicitor in England and Wales and Hong Kong