About Julian Pritchard
As head of Global Transactions, Julian leads the firm’s corporate advisory and transactional practice worldwide.
Julian focuses on complex public and private M&A transactions.
Julian has acted for many of the world’s leading corporations, private equity firms and investment banks.
Having also worked in New York and Tokyo, he has extensive experience of cross-border deals.
Julian was Managing Partner of the firm’s US practice between 2009 and 2014 and Managing Partner of the firm’s corporate advisory and transactional practice in London between 2018 and 2020.
Julian was recently ranked in the Financial Times’ list of business leaders recognised for championing women in the work place, the FT HERoes List. He is also a champion of Halo, the firm’s LGBT network and an ambassador for the firm’s black affinity network.
- Advising General Atlantic on its investment in UK unicorn Gymshark
- Advising SSE plc on the £1bn sale of its interests in the Ferrybridge and Skelton Grange EfW projects
- Advising SSE plc on the proposed spin off and merger of its retail business with Innogy's retail business, nPower and its subsequent sale to Ovo
- Advising Hewlett Packard Enterprise on the $8.8bn spin merger of its software business into Micro Focus plc
- Advising Hewlett Packard Enterprise on the acquisition of Red Pixie group
- Advising Yara International on its $25bn merger talks with CF Industries
- Advising on Novartis' sale $5.4bn sale of its animal health business to Eli Lilly
- Advising on the leveraged recapitalisation of Universal Studios Japan, resulting in the acquisition of a 51 per cent stake by NBC Universal and the subsequent sale of the remaining 49 per cent to NBCU
- Advising on the $3bn investment by Goldman Sachs PIA, and co-investors in Sanyo Electric
- Advising on the $2.6bn disposal of Arysta LifeScience Corporation to Permira
- Advising on the $1.7bn acquisition of Morton Salt by K+S from Rohm and Haas, following its merger with Dow Chemical
- Advising on the £7bn separation and spin-off of O2 from BT
- Advising on Reed Elsevier’s proposed £20bn merger with Wolters Kluwer
- Advising Brascan on its £5.4bn offer for Canary Wharf
- Advising TPG on the sale of its Merin office platform in the Netherlands to Dream Global for €622m
- Advising General Atlantic on its acquisition of a controlling interest in Argus Media, valuing the company at approximately £1bn
- Advising on the £1.5bn sale of the Priory Group by Advent International to Acadia Healthcare
- Advising BC Partners on its acquisition of Pharmathen
- Advising on the £2.6bn sale of Scottish & Newcastle’s retail division to an investment vehicle led by TPG
- Advising Amerada Hess on its £2.4bn takeover offer for Lasmo
- Advising Rentokil on its £2.1bn hostile offer for BET
- Advising BT Group on its joint venture with KDDI
- University of Cambridge, UK (law, double first class)
- Solicitor in England and Wales
- Attorney in New York