About Sebastian Pritzkow
Sebastian specialises in European and German competition law as well as in energy law. He has given advice in various merger control and cartel cases and is frequently involved in M&A transactions in the banking and energy sectors.
Sebastian has gained valuable experience across a broad range of industries. He is particularly familiar with the energy, automotive and banking sectors. Sebastian also frequently advises on competition law issues in commercial arbitrations. While on secondment at a major German energy supply company, he accompanied major arbitrations from an in-house position.
Sebastian has spent two and a half years in our Tokyo office, advising Japanese clients on competition law aspects of their projects.
Sebastian is a member of our general industries sector group and our energy and infrastructure sector group.
Languages: German, English, French, Russian, and Spanish
- Advising Eppendorf on its acquisition of shares of Promega (2020)
- Advising Eppendorf on its acquistion of Koki Holdings' centrifuge business (2020)
- Advising MEC-Group on the sale of Castolin Eutectic (2020)
- Advising DVB Bank on the sale of its Aviation Finance Business (2019)
- Advising DVB Bank on the sale of its Land Transport Finance Business (2018)
- Advising Tower International on the sale of its European Operations (2018)
- Advising Lenovo on the merger control filings for its acquisition of a controlling stake in Fujitsu's PC business (2018)
- Advising Mitsui on the merger control filings for its acquisition of a 20% stake in Kansai Helios Coatings (2018)
- Advising Mitsui on the merger control filings for its acquisition of a 30% stake in ETC Group (2017)
- Advising Sumitomo Metal Mining on the merger control filings for its USD 1 billion stake purchase in the Morenci copper mine (2016)
- Advising Vattenfall on the sale of its German lignite operations (2015)
- Advising Kering on its acquisition of Ulysse Nardin (2014)
- Advising WILD Flavors on the acquisition of Cargill’s global Juice Cold Blends and Compounds Business (2012)
- University of Cologne (Dr iur)
- University of Paris 1 and University of Cologne (Maître en droit and LLM)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Düsseldorf (Düsseldorf Bar Association)
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS)
- German Association on East European Studies (DGO)