About Christopher Pugh
Christopher is an international commercial disputes partner handling litigation, arbitration and investigations.
He has represented clients in the energy, financial services, telecoms, private equity, consumer and general industry sectors, with particular experience in the energy sector. Chris also has in-depth experience of corporate disputes and multilateral investigations into incidents and practices.
He works closely with other members of the Freshfields commercial disputes and transactions groups and has represented clients in multiple disputes building up relationships that have endured for over 20 years.
Clients include Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Eclairs, Eni, EY, Hutchison, Multiplex, Nexen and Total.
He has been ranked as 'pre-eminent' by Chambers for a number of years and led the firm’s global disputes group from 2009 to 2015.
- Supreme Court case on directors’ duties (JKX v Eclairs – acting for Eclairs)
- Two international arbitration hearings obtaining orders for specific performance (one against a state owned entity)
- Major investigation for international company into practices being reviewed by multi-lateral agencies
- Corporate disputes relating to warranties on sales and pre-emption rights
- Advising private equity in managing major proceedings conducted by portfolio company
- Hearings in Australia, Paris, London, New York, Stockholm and Texas.
- University College, London, UK (law)