About Maxim Pyrkov
Maxim specialises in international commercial and investment arbitration, as well as domestic and cross-border litigation.
Maxim has a broad practice advising and representing international clients in complex corporate, banking, construction and general commercial arbitrations in LCIA, ICC, SCC, SIAC, VIAC, ICSID and ICAC across various sectors, as well as investment arbitrations. Maxim also has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border commercial and regulatory litigation, as well as asset-tracing and sanctions.
Before joining Freshfields, Maxim worked in major US and UK law firms in Moscow. He speaks Russian and English.
- Representing two high-net-worth individuals in parallel US$2 bn LCIA arbitrations arising from alleged breach of shareholder agreement and tort.
- Representing a major international bank in LCIA arbitration, Russian and English courts in respect of $90m dispute arising from facility agreement and a guarantee.
- Representing a high-net-worth individual in LCIA arbitration and ancillary proceedings in the US and Cyprus related to alleged breaches of a property management agreement.
- Representing a large investment company in a complex shareholder dispute in the LCIA and parallel proceedings in the BVI, Caymans, Cyprus and Russia.
- Representing a major infrasturcture company in ICC arbitration arising from alleged breaches of EPC Contract in relation to a toll road.
- Representing a major international consultancy firm in US$100 milion tort claim.
- Masters, Russian School of Private Law