About Jerome Ranawake
Based in New York, Jerome is a finance partner and the head of our US prime brokerage practice.
Jerome has extensive experience advising banks, funds of funds and hedge funds on their prime brokerage, derivatives, futures, options, repo and other trading documentation and related committed financing arrangements.
Clients also call on Jerome’s extensive knowledge to assist on cash and synthetic collateralized loan obligation (CLO) transactions and loan portfolio financing structures, trade and royalty receivables securitizations and other cash flow monetization transactions.
Jerome is a regular speaker at International Swaps and Derivatives Association conferences, and has written and been interviewed for articles on prime brokerage-related matters for publications such as Hedge Fund Journal, Euromoney and International Finance Law Review.
Jerome speaks Japanese in addition to his native English.
- Advising Isramco on the first gas royalty receivables securitization transaction in Israel.
- Advising UBS on numerous loan and bond portfolio financing transactions, using structured repo and total return swap technology opposite counterparties such as Guggenheim Partners, Apollo Global Management and Ares Capital.
- Advising Deutsche Bank, UBS and The Bank of Nova Scotia on multiple prime brokerage, derivatives, futures, options and related trading documentation negotiations, including negotiations opposite funds such as Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Tudor, D.E. Shaw, Och-Ziff, Elliott, QVT, PDT and Citadel.
- Advising Mitsubishi UFJ on its CLO total return swap warehouse arrangements opposite multiple collateral managers and as underwriter’s counsel on several CLOs.
- Advising Inter-American Development Bank on the innovative use of credit default swap technology to exchange concentrated first loss geographic exposure under their project finance loan portfolios with several other multilateral finance institutions, including the World Bank and African Development Bank, to enable the IADB to achieve better ratings treatment for its bond issuance program.
- BA (1st), Cambridge University.
- MA, Cambridge University.
- Postgraduate diploma in Japanese, Sheffield University.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York, and England and Wales.
- Legal Advisory Council of the Managed Funds Association.