About Dr. Philipp Redeker
Philipp Redeker is a partner in our tax practice group and advises clients on transactional and contentious corporate tax matters.
Philipp specialises in tax related disputes, uniquely combining on-the-ground litigation experience and tax expertise. Clients rely on his experience in any kind of tax related disputes ranging from disputes with tax authorities and litigation in tax courts to tax related civil litigations and tax driven criminal investigations.
In his transactional work, he regularly advises clients on high profile M&A transactions and corporate reorganisations often involving listed companies.
Before joining Freshfields, he worked as research fellow at the Max Planck Institute of Tax Law and Public Finance in Munich.
He speaks German and English.
- Continental AG on the corporate group reorganisation and IPO of the Powertrain business
- Advising a large European tour operator on the trade tax deductibility of its hotel expenses in a tax litigation with the German tax authorities.
- Advising KKR on its public takeover of Axel Springer SE
- Advising Messer Group and CVC on the $3.3bn acquisition of parts of Linde's and Praxair's North and South American industrial gases business.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising METRO on the tax-optimised split of the group into cash-and-carry and consumer electronics businesses.
- Advising Airbus on the tax-optimised carve-out of its defence electronics business and the subsequent sale to KKR.
- University of Munich, Germany
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) at the District Court of Munich, the City of Munich, the Administrative Court of Munich, a national law firm and the DG Taxation and Customs Union of the European Commission
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Steuerberater, Germany