About Vasileios Regkakos
Vasileios specialises in domestic and international litigation, arbitration as well as internal investigations.
Vasileios speaks German, English and Greek.
- Acting for the Volkswagen Group in its defence against customer claims arising from the global recall of VW diesel vehicles in relation to the emission of nitrous oxides.
- Representing a German industry conglomerate on post-compliance follow-on damages claims
- Advising a major financial institution in connection with litigation risks arising out of an intended acquisition of another financial institution
- Acting as counsel for a provider of gas storage caverns in a DIS arbitration against a construction company
- Advising a German financial institution in defending claims in connection with securities litigation, including advising on cross-border enforcement
- Representing a major aviation group in post-M&A litigation proceedings related to an aborted acquisition of another company
- Humboldt-University of Berlin (First State Exam)
- NYU School of Law (LL.M. in International Business Regulation, Litigation and Arbitration)
- Legal clerkship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Berlin with traineeships amongst others at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy of Germany and at an international law firm in New York, USA
- Attorney-at-Law (New York)