About Dr. Martin Rehberg
Martin specialises in the German and international taxation of businesses.
He advises a broad range of clients on corporate tax aspects of their businesses and strategic transactions. His clients range from private equity firms, to industry clients and family owned conglomerates.
He speaks German, French and English.
- Advising EQT on various acquisitions and disposals, e.g. on the acquisition and subsequent divestment of Schülke & Mayr GmbH, one of the leading suppliers of hygiene and infection prevention solutions for skin and surfaces and wound antiseptics.
- Advising Cinven on various acquisitions and disposals such as the combination of group.ONE and the dogado group (together with Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board) as well as various investments for insurance run-off platform Viridium, namely regarding a Generali life insurance portfolio.
- Advising Qatar Investment Authority on various investments, e.g. the acquisition of a minority stake in Celonis.
- Advising Global Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of the off-shore windfarm business of wpd.
- Advising Emerson Electric on various acquisitions, e.g. on a strategic investment in inmation Software GmbH, a global software platform developer, based in Cologne, Germany, and Flexim Flexible Industriemeßtechnik GmbH, the world's only supplier of clamp-on ultrasonic systems for non-intrusive flow measurement of liquids and gases with SIL certification, based in Berlin, Germany.
- Advising Catalent, the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies, development, and manufacturing solutions for drugs, biologics, cell and gene therapies and consumer health products, on its acquisition of RheinCell Therapeutics.
- Advising Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. on the sale of its electronic security business in Germany, India, Portugal, Singapore and Switzerland to Securitas AB.
- Advising LANXESS on various acquisitions and disposals, e.g. the purchase of the microbial control business of International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) and the carve-out and divestiture of its worldwide organic leather chemicals business to TFL Ledertechnik GmbH.
- Advising funds advised by AGC as regards the acquisition of THE SQUAIRE, a high-profile business complex at Frankfurt airport.
- Tax consultancy advice relating to various reorganisations, all things corporate tax and beyond for family-owned, industrial and financial services clients.
- University of Passau, Germany, and King’s College London, UK (law)
- University of Passau, Germany (Dr iur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Steuerberater, Germany