About Dr. Martin Rehberg
Martin specialises in the German and international taxation of businesses.
He advises a broad range of clients on corporate tax aspects of their businesses and strategic transactions. His clients range from private equity firms, to industry clients and family owned conglomerates.
He speaks German, French and English.
- Advising Catalent, the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies, development, and manufacturing solutions for drugs, biologics, cell and gene therapies and consumer health products, on its acquisition of RheinCell Therapeutics.
- Advising Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. on the sale of its electronic security business in Germany, India, Portugal, Singapore and Switzerland to Securitas AB.
- Advising EQT on the acquisition of Schülke & Mayr GmbH, one of the leading suppliers of hygiene and infection prevention solutions for skin and surfaces and wound antiseptics.
- Advising EQT Infrastructure on the acquisition of two major radiology providers in Germany (Meine Radiologie Holding GmbH & Blikk Holding GmbH) with the aim of creating the leading company in this sector in Germany.
- Advising LANXESS on the purchase of the microbial control business of International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF).
- Advising LANXESS Deutschland GmbH on the carve-out and divestiture of its worldwide organic leather chemicals business to TFL Ledertechnik GmbH.
- The shareholders of Flaschenpost SE on the sale of the business to an entity of Oetker-Group.
- Advising Honeywell on the acquisition of Elster, a maker of metering devices, for €4.7bn; and the divestment of its friction materials business to Federal Mogul Corporation.
- Advising IVG Immobilien on its successful restructuring and refinancing (largest debt-to-equity swap in Germany) and subsequent sale of its German real estate portfolio.
- Providing ongoing tax advice to a family-owned group, in particular regarding various internal reorganisations and related tax matters as well as tax audits.
- University of Passau, Germany, and King’s College London, UK (law)
- University of Passau, Germany (Dr iur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Steuerberater, Germany