About Dr. Florian Reiter-Werzin
Florian's practice covers EU and Austrian competition law.
He advises on national and international merger transactions as well as antitrust compliance. He has a particular focus on EU State aid law.
His recent experience includes EU and Austrian merger control reviews in a number of sectors, including the automotive industry, IT and payment services. In the area of State aid, he has worked on matters relating to the semiconductor, banking and renewable energy industries.
Florian is fluent in German and English and speaks some French.
- Advising Vonovia SE on its acquisition of the Austrian real estate company BUWOG AG in an Austrian merger control proceeding.
- Advising Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) on EU State aid law related aspects of its acquisition of a 20% stake in the German grid operator 50Hertz on behalf of the German Federal Government.
- Advising a German bank on restructuring procedures and capital measures under EU State aid rules.
- Advising an automotive company on the acquisition of car dealers in EU and Austrian merger control proceedings.
- Advising a multinational semiconductor company on EU State aid law in the context of patent litigation.
- University of Graz, Austria (Dr. iur.)
- University of Graz, Austria (Mag. iur.)