About Emily Rich
Emily is an associate in our Global Transactions group specialising in IP, data and commercial law, including transitional and long-term IP licensing and commercial arrangements as part of complex carve-out transactions. Emily advises clients across a range of industries, including the media, technology and financial sectors.
- Nets Group, and its majority shareholder Hellman & Friedman, on the sale of its real-time payments unit to Mastercard;
- DAZN, a global sport live and on-demand streaming service, on the combination of their global sports content company, Perform Content, with STATS, the leader in sports AI;
- ABB, the Swiss-based multinational power and automation company, on the sale of a majority stake in its power grids division to Hitachi;
- Prudential on its strategic commercial licensing relationship with Babylon Health, a UK-based AI digital healthcare technology and services company;
- Euromoney on the IP and transitional aspects of the auction sale of its Global Market Intelligence Division to a consortium of CITIC Capital Partners and Chinese media company Caixin Global;
- Blackstone on the IP/IT aspects of its acquisition of a majority share in Cloudreach, a leading, fast-growing global cloud enabler headquartered in London;
- Bank of America on the IP/IT and carve-out aspects of the sale of the MBNA credit card business to Lloyds Banking Group;
- Deutsche Bank on the IP and transitional services arrangements for the sale of its alternative funds services business to Apex Fund Services; and
- Neptune Energy Group (backed by funds advised by The Carlyle Group and CVC Capital Partners) on its $3.9bn acquisition of a majority stake in ENGIE E&P International.
- The University of Sydney – Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- The University of Sydney – Bachelor of Arts (Media & Communications)
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia