About Andy Robinson
Andy is a partner in our global transactions group advising financial sponsors and corporates.
He advises clients on a range of matters from financial sponsor control investments, exits and co-investments to complex cross-border acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and advisory work for corporates.
Andy has a varied sector experience across a number of jurisdictions, although he has a focus on the insurance, banking and asset management and consumer and retail sectors.
During his time at Freshfields, Andy has been seconded to the in-house legal team of two major retail/investment banks where he focused on private and public M&A transactions.
In addition to his transactional work, Andy leads the firm's insurtech committee and has contributed to a number of articles in this space.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition of ekaterra B.V., the holding company of Unilever’s global tea business for €4.5 billion
- Advising Charterhouse-backed Labelium on its acquisition of 1000heads
- Advising RVU (jointly owned by Silver Lake, GIC, Red Ventures and PSP) on its acquisition of Tempcover from Connection Capital
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its €1.63bn sale of Etraveli Group to Booking Holdings Inc.
- Advising CVC on its strategic partnership in secondaries with Glendower Capital
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of Away Resorts, Aria Resorts and Coppergreen Leisure Resorts
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on the €7.2bn initial public offering of Allfunds Group
Insurance, banking and asset management
- Advising the Abacai Partners on their investment into Abacai Technologies (an insurtech venture)
- Advising the sponsors to M&G plc and Prudential plc in connection with the M&G plc demerger
- Advising the London Stock Exchange on its acquisition of Refinitiv
- Advising ReAssure on the acquisition of L&G's mature savings business
- Advising Zurich Assurance on the disposal of its £1.2bn UK annuities portfolio to Rothesay Life
Consumer and retail
- Advising Tesco Plc on the $10.6bn sale of its Asian business
- Advising Fuller, Smith & Turner Plc on the disposal of its beer business to Asahi