About Andy Robinson
Andy is a senior associate in our London corporate financial institutions group.
He has experience in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and other corporate advisory work for a range of clients, although his focus is on the insurance, banking and asset management sectors.
During his time at Freshfields, Andy has been seconded to the in-house legal team of two major retail/investment banks where he focused on private and public M&A transactions.
In addition to his transactional work, Andy leads the firm's insurtech committee and has contributed to a number of articles in this space.
- Advising Tesco plc on the $10.6bn sale of its Asian business
- Advising the sponsors to M&G plc and Prudential plc in connection with the M&G plc demerger
- Advising the London Stock Exchange on its acquisition of Refinitiv
- Advising Fuller, Smith & Turner PLC on the disposal of its beer business to Asahi
- Advising ReAssure on the acquisition of L&G's mature savings business
- Advising Zurich Assurance on the disposal of its £1.2bn UK annuities portfolio to Rothesay Life.
- Advising a global systemically important bank (G-SIB) on proposals for a major internal group reorganisation of its European business, including consideration of cross-border merger and Part VII transfer issues.
- Advising a number of UK financial institutions on their Brexit stategies.
- Advising Barclays Bank on the disposal of its UK and offshore trust businesses, including a pre-sale reorganisation Part VII transfer.
- Advising Sompo Japan on the acquisition of Canopius Group, the major Lloyd’s insurance group.