About Holger Roos
Holger is a Principal Associate in our disputes, litigation and arbitration practice group and a member of our global investigations group.
His main focus is on white-collar criminal and regulatory investigations. He also specialises in providing national and international corporations and financial institutions with comprehensive risk and crisis management advice, especially within the context of investigations and in relation to complex compliance incidents. He has acted in some of the most prominent investigations in recent years.
In addition, Holger has significant experience in advising clients in legal disputes in all areas of commercial law as well as representing clients in national and international litigation and arbitration proceedings.
He speaks German and English.
- Representing a major multinational company in an ICC arbitration regarding a dispute with a joint venture partner, in particular regarding the rights and obligations of both parties under a shareholders' agreement.
- Advising Europe’s largest automobile manufacturing group in relation to the diesel emissions issue, in particular with regard to various investigations and the reappraisal of the facts required for the defence in civil, criminal, employment and regulatory proceedings worldwide.
- Advising a specialty chemicals company regarding a major construction project, in particular providing strategic advice in relation to legal disputes with various contractors.
- Providing comprehensive compliance and investigations advice as well as overall strategic guidance to a multinational accounting firm in connection with the insolvency of a German listed company.
- Advising the German Football Association in an internal investigation regarding the tender for, and financing of, the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany.
- Conducting an investigation for a credit institution in relation to several whistle-blower reports on possible irregularities and alleged compliance violations in connection with the granting of loans.
- University of Cologne, Germany
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, Germany