About Walid J. Salib
Walid is a senior associate in our global transactions practice and is based in Riyadh.
He has significant M&A experience for private equity houses and sovereign wealth funds. Walid also advises on capital markets matters, in particular IPOs, for clients across a range of sectors as well as on strategic joint ventures for leading multinational companies.
He has spent time on secondment to HSBC Saudi Arabia and to our London office for extended periods.
Walid is fluent in Arabic and English, and has a basic understanding of French.
- Advising the Abraaj Group and TPG Capital (one of the largest private equity investment firms globally with $66bn of capital under management) on their investment into Kudu, one of Saudi Arabia’s largest restaurant groups (akin to the McDonald’s of Saudi Arabia) with multiple sites and brands across the country. The transaction represented TPG’s debut investment in the Middle East.
- Advising Jadwa Investment Company, the sharia-compliant Saudi-based investment and financial services firm, and Arab Petroleum Investments Corporation on the acquisition of a majority stake in Saudi Mechanical Industries Company and Jadwa on a number of other confidential matters.
- Advising the Saudi Arabian Investment Company, an investment vehicle for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, on its investment in Saudi Arabia’s International Company for Water & Power Projects. The deal included an investment by Saudi Arabian Public Pension Agency in ACWA Power.
- Advising Al Habib Medical Group Services Holding Company (HMG) and its subsidiaries on HMG’s planned IPO. HMG is one of the largest providers of comprehensive healthcare services in the MENA region, operating 14 medical facilities in Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Bahrain.
- Advising Public Investment Fund, Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, on its joint venture with Aabar relating to setting up an online retail platform and increasing its stake in one of the leading Saudi companies in the field of electricity and water generation.
- Advising HSBC Saudi Arabia in its capacity as sole financial adviser on the M&A and corporate elements of the proposed (subsequently aborted) corporate merger of Saudi International Petrochemical Company with Sahara Petrochemical Company.
- Advising Solvay, an international industrial chemical company, on its 50/50 joint venture with Sadara Chemical Company for the construction and operation of a hydrogen peroxide plant in Jubail industrial city, Saudi Arabia.
- Advising Saudi Fransi Capital on the IPO of Saudi Arabian Airlines' catering unit.
- Advising Sahara Petrochemicals on its SAR1.2bn rights issue on the Tadawul in 2009 and its second SAR1.03bn rights issue on the Tadawul in 2011.
- Kings College, University of London, UK (LLM - masters in international business law, 2007)
- College of Law, Guildford, UK (legal practice course - corporate pathway, 2005)
- University of Sussex, UK (LLB - law, 2003)
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales (2006)