About Ali Sallaway
Ali is a partner in our corporate crime group and co-head of our global investigations practice in London.
With a record of acting on major cross-border and domestic investigations for clients in all sectors, she specialises in corporate and financial crime defence and regulatory enforcement actions, particularly defending actions brought by the UK Serious Fraud Office (SFO) and/or Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), as well as overseas authorities.
Ali has significant expertise handling false accounting, fraud, bribery/corruption, money-laundering and terrorism-related matters. She has acted on many of the leading enforcement decisions brought by the FCA, especially in market abuse, market manipulation, and disclosure and listing obligations cases.
Ali is recognised as a leading individual in corporate crime, contentious financial services and global investigations by all major directories.
Ali is a sector group leader of Freshfields' London pro bono practice and a trustee of the RCJ Advice Bureau.
Given the nature of investigations and corporate crime, much of Ali’s work is strictly confidential. Her broad experience includes:
- Defending global organisations in co-ordinated criminal and regulatory proceedings, including landmark cases involving the resolution of false accounting by deferred prosecution agreement, as well as acting on follow-on or ancillary litigation.
- Advising leading financial services institutions and FTSE 100 companies in relation to regulatory action brought by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (including before its Regulatory Decisions Committee) and Financial Reporting Council.
- Defending enforcement actions particularly in relation to market abuse/manipulation- and financial crime-related matters.
- Advising major institutions in respect of bribery and corruption investigations in numerous overseas jurisdictions, including advising on corruption and money-laundering issues pursuant to various jurisdictions' laws.
- Advising global organisations in relation to fraud and anti-terrorism investigations and defending related criminal investigations.
- Advising international organisations on their fraud, anti-bribery and corruption and money-laundering policies.