About Robert Schlossberg
Bob has over 30 years’ experience representing clients on a full range of antitrust matters before the US Department of Justice’s antitrust division and the Federal Trade Commission.
Listed as a leading lawyer by Global Counsel, Euromoney Expert Guides and The International Who’s Who of Competition Lawyers, Bob has also advised on acquisitions by foreign entities that are subject to US national security review under the Exon-Florio Act. This includes the development and co-ordination of successful filing and clearance strategies before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
He has worked within a wide variety of industries, including chemicals, consumer goods, energy, industrial machinery, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, publishing, software and transportation.
Bob has written and spoken extensively on antitrust issues and foreign investment review of cross-border transactions. He is a former chair of the M&A Committee of the Antitrust Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law and the editor of the ABA Antitrust Section treatise on US antitrust law as applied to mergers and acquisitions (third edition).
- Advising Smiths Group on its $710m acquisition of Morpho Detection, a California-based threat detection solutions provider and subsidiary of Safran Group. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising Foster Wheeler on the CFIUS and US antitrust reviews of its approximately $8.5bn business combination with AMEC.
- Advising Hapag-Lloyd, one of the largest container shipping lines in the world, on the CFIUS and multijurisdictional merger control aspects of its merger with the container shipping activities of Chile’s Compañía Sud Americana de Vapores (CSAV).
- Advising Dubai Aerospace Enterprise on the antitrust aspects of the sale of StandardAero, one of the industry’s largest independent maintenance, repair and overhaul providers, to an affiliate of Veritas Capital.
- Advising Sandvik, a global engineering group in tooling, mining and construction, on its acquisition of Varel International Energy Services, a producer of high-performance oil, gas and mining drill bits.
- George Washington University National Law Center, Order of the Coif, articles editor of the Law Review.
- Admitted to practice in the District of Columbia.
- Non-governmental adviser to the US antitrust agencies in connection with the International Competition Network.
- Member, Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association.