About Dr. Bettina Schmaltz
Skilled in International Law, International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution.
Her practice covers mass litigation and classs action and advice on strategic and commercial aspects. Member of the Legal Tech Group. Specific interest and experience in the field of Global Business and Human Rights and related alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. Track record as arbitrator in ICC, DIS and ad-hoc arbitrationw with a focus on distribution la and Post M&A.
Bettina is fluent in German, English and French.
- Acting for a German based company in OECD-proceedings in connection with alleged violations of Human Rights
- Acting for Volkswagen in its defence in Germany against customer claims arising from the global recall of VW diesel vehicles in relation to the emission of nitrous oxides.
- Assisting with Legal Project Management and development of Legal Tech Tools in complex cross-border and cross-practice litigation cases
- Supporting cross practice initiatives (Business and Human Rights; Legal Tech; Global Investigations; Mass Claims)
- University of Frankfurt, Germany (Dr. iur.)
- University of Paris X (Nanterre) (Licence en Droit)
- European University Institute, Florence (Summer School)
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany (admitted 1998)