About Bastian Schuster
As part of our global transactions group, Bastian advises on M&A transactions, both domestic and cross-border. Besides, he advises on regulatory questions with respect to insurance supervisory law.
He focuses on financial investors, including private equity houses, and, as part of his sector specialisation, insurance companies.
Bastian speaks German, English and French.
- Advising EQT on the proposed acquisition of Schülke & Mayr GmbH, one of the leading suppliers of hygiene and infection prevention solutions for skin and surfaces and wound antiseptics
- Advising Cinven on the acquisition of Generali Lebensversicherung AG, a life insurer with c. 4 million policies and c. EUR 40 bn. of assets under management, in a transformational acquisition
- Advising Zurich on the expansion of its strategic partnership with Deutsche Bank and DWS Group
- Advising a leading global insurance group on the sale of an insurance broker network to financial investors
- Advising a private equity investor on the set up of a comprehensive management incentive and equity program
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany (LL.B., First State Exam)
- University of California - Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, United States
- Hanseatic Higher Regional Court, Hamburg, Germany (Legal Clerkship, Second State Exam)
- Admitted to the German Bar (Rechtsanwalt, Germany)
- Qualified Banker (Bankkaufmann (IHK), Germany)
Recognitions / Awards
- Scholarships of the German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)