About Jochim Sedemund
A specialist in EU law, Jochim has amassed considerable experience in the areas of state aid, mergers and acquisitions, contract law and international arbitration.
Jochim has represented the German government before the European Court of Justice for more than 20 years.
His other clients include multinational companies, trade associations and authorities, particularly from the chemical, steel, energy, postal and food sectors.
He speaks German, English and French.
- Advising Deutsche Post for 20 years in proceedings in Brussels and before EU courts regarding state aid.
- Representing Salzgitter before the EU courts regarding state aid.
- Advising Nestlé on the acquisition of Schoeller and its water business
- Advising Hoffmann LaRoche during several proceedings relating to breaches of EU competition law.
- Representing clients before ICC in international arbitration proceedings.
- Universities of Kiel, Cologne and Hamburg, Germany
- Stage with European Commission in Brussels