About Julia Sellmann
Julia is a partner in our Global Transactions practice.
She specialises in M&A transactions, focusing on advising financial sponsors and corporate clients on their cross-border acquisitions, disposals and co-investments as well as strategic joint ventures. She has particular experience in the health care, digital/tech sectors and chemicals.
Julia combines international experience with a pragmatic approach and commercial understanding when advising our clients on some of their most complex global transactions. She is qualified and has worked as a lawyer in Germany and England, including during her secondments to Citigroup’s legal M&A department and to The Blackstone Group, both in London.
Julia speaks German, English and French.
- Advising Francisco Partners on the acquisition of a majority of the shares in Native Instruments Holding GmbH, the Berlin-based global leader in digital music creation software and hardware
- Advising H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of the sports marketing business (Lagardère Sports) from the Lagardère Group
- Advising EQT on its exclusive negotiations regarding the acquisition of Schülke & Mayr from Air Liquide
- Advising KKR on the voluntary take-over offer for and take private of Axel Springer
- Advising H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of the European Polyurethan Business (now Plixxent) from Covestro
- Advising EQT Partners on the merger of its portfolio company Sivantos with the Danish hearing aid manufacturer Widex
- Advising The Blackstone Group on its acquisition of measuring and process technology equipment provider Schenck Process
- Advising H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of the majority stake in the automotive supplier Beinbauer Group
- Universities of Passau, Berlin and Lausanne (German law)
- King’s College London (LLM in corporate and commercial law)
- BPP Law School London (English law)
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany
- Solicitor, England and Wales