About Olga Sendetska
Olga is an Associate in the International Arbitration Group based in Frankfurt.
Olga advises clients on commercial and investment arbitration. She also has experience in complex cross-border disputes, including mass proceedings, as well as arbitration-related litigation. Olga joined Freshfields in 2015 and has worked in the firm's Frankfurt, London and Dubai offices during her time with the firm.
Olga has experience advising on disputes under the ICC, DIS, ICSID, LCIA, VIAC, UNCITRAL and CAS rules and has worked with German, CEE, CIS, Middle Eastern and international clients from various sectors including pharmaceuticals, energy, finance, banking, aerospace, professional services, construction and sports.
Olga teaches English law at the Goethe University Frankfurt, is an Assistant Editor for Europe with the Kluwer Arbitration Blog and is a co-founder of ARBinBRIEF. She regularly speaks and publishes on international arbitration.
Having been recognized by Handelsblatt and Best Lawyers in their Ones to Watch list, Olga is recognized as being among the top of the upcoming generation of arbitration lawyers.
Olga speaks English, Ukrainian, Polish, German, and Russian.
- Representing a major European financial institution in ICC arbitration proceedings and related proceedings in relevant offshore jurisdictions in a post-M&A dispute.
- Representing a global industrial company in various ICC arbitration proceedings related to long term supply agreements governed by English and French laws.
- Representing an Austrian energy company in an ICSID arbitration against Bulgaria in a dispute concerning its investment in the country’s electricity distribution sector.
- Representing the State General Reserve Fund of the Sultanate of Oman in ICSID arbitration proceedings against the Republic of Bulgaria arising out of the collapse of one of Bulgaria’s largest banks.
- Representing a biotechnology company in a dispute resulting from a patent licence and know-how transfer agreement.
- Advising London Stock Exchange on its $27bn all share acquisition of Refinitiv and related sale of Borsa Italiana.
- Advising AB InBev on the IP, technology and separation aspects of multiple disposals, including of Peroni, Pilsner Urquell and its Australian business.
- Representing a banker in a London-seated ICC arbitration arising from a dispute with another individual concerning the acquisition of a shareholding in an eastern European bank.
- Advising a professional services firm on mediation and arbitration proceedings resulting from a dispute with a business partner including related proceedings in offshore jurisdictions.
- Advising a US-headquartered global energy corporation in a Western Australia-seated arbitration under UNCITRAL arbitration rules concerning the construction of one of the world’s largest natural gas projects.
- Advising a telecoms company in relation to a DIFC-LCIA arbitration and connected mass claim proceedings.
- Advising a GCC government authority in a dispute with a consortium of contractors in relation to claims under an EPC contract for the construction of a major rail project.
- Representing an oil & gas consortium in ICC arbitration about force majeure against an Arab state.*
*Matter handled prior to joining Freshfields
- BPP Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law and Accelerated Legal Practice Course)
- Europa-Institut, Saarland University (Master of European Law, LL.M.)
- Yaroslav Mudryi National Law Academy (Bachelor of Law, LL.B.)
- Solicitor Advocate (Civil), England and Wales
- Solicitor, Ireland
- Member of the bar of Frankfurt
- Lecturer (English law), Goethe University Frankfurt
- Assistant Editor for Europe with the Kluwer Arbitration Blog
- Co-founder of ARBinBRIEF