About Lojayne Shaheen
Lojayne Shaheen is a Senior Associate in our International Arbitration Practice and is based in Riyadh.
Lojayne represents and advises companies, States and State-owned entities in commercial and investment-treaty arbitrations under various rules including those of the ICC, LCIA, ICSID, UNCITRAL and CRCICA and across diverse sectors with a focus on construction, energy and private equity.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Lojayne worked in two renowned law firms in Cairo where she has represented and advised key construction and private equity firms on various regional laws. She has also occasionally acted as tribunal secretary in ICC and CRCICA arbitrations.
Who’s Who Legal recognizes Lojayne as a “Future Leader” in arbitration. Lojayne has been the co-author of the Egypt Chapter of the Delos ‘Guide to Arbitration Places’ since the issuance of its first edition in 2018.
Lojayne is fluent in Arabic, English and French and speaks conversational Spanish.
- Securing victory for a major oil and gas company operating in Kuwait in relation to a large oil and gas project undertaken by a Kuwaiti State entity in an LCIA arbitration conducted in London.
- Representing an important Egyptian private equity investor against an Emirati investor in a multi-million dollars dispute concerning a number of contracts for the sale and purchase of shares and relating to escrow agreements in a group of companies. The arbitration was conducted in accordance with the rules of the ICC.
- Acting for a Bahraini investor against the Egyptian government in an investment arbitration concerning the construction, development and operation of a hotel complex in Cairo in accordance with the UNCITRAL rules and the administration of the PCA.
- Acting as key advisor for over 5 years to a major international construction company in various middle eastern States in key construction projects in the region undertaken by States and State entities.
- Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University, Master degree
- Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University, Bachelor of law (2009)
- Cairo University, Bachelor of Law (2009)