About Yuxin Shen
Yuxin has 20 years of experience advising clients on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and other corporate transactions in and outside of China. He worked on many first-of-its-kind transactions in China, such as PayPal’s acquisition of GoPay (the first payment licence for a foreign company), HSBC’s establishment of HSBC Qianhai Securities Limited (the first majority foreign-owned securities company), and Allianz China Insurance Holding (the first and only foreign-owned insurance holding company in China).
He also has a wide range of experience in advising clients on China’s regulatory issues, such as licensing regimes, financial regulations and data privacy. in both transactional and advisory contexts.
Yuxin was seconded to China Investment Corporation, China’s sovereign wealth fund, from 2012–13, and Alcoa’s legal department for the Asia-Pacific region in 2014.
He speaks fluent Mandarin and English.
- Advising Volkswagen on various strategic China projects, including its €1bn investment in China’s Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group Holdings, parent company for the A share listed JAC Motors, and JAC Volkswagen Automotive.
- Advising PayPal on its acquisition of Guofubao Information Technology, the holder of a payments business licence in China.
- Advising HSBC on the establishment of the first majority foreign-owned securities company with Qianhai Financial Holdings in Shenzhen and its subsequent step-up acquisition in the same company.
- Advising Allianz on various China projects, including the establishment of China’s first fully foreign-owned insurance holding company.
- Advising Sandvik AB on its investment in Suzhou Ahno, a Chinese company focusing on precision cutting technology solutions.
- Advising Vobile Group on its US$127m acquisition of Particle Technology and the implementation of a restructuring to hold certain restricted business under a variable interest entities structure.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on its investment in Huaxia Bank, an A-share listed Chinese commercial bank, and the subsequent sale of its entire 19.99 per cent shares in Huaxia Bank to the leading Chinese insurer PICC P&C.
- Advising China Cinda Asset Management on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Nanyang Commercial Bank from Bank of China (Hong Kong).
- Advising CRCC International Investment Group on its acquisition of a majority stake in Aldesa, one of the largest construction groups in Spain and Mexico.
- Advising Great Wall Motors on its acquisition of a car manufacturing plant from Mercedes-Benz in Brazil.
- Advising a leading Chinese technology company on the complex restructuring of two PRC-based food delivery and lifestyle apps / platforms, followed by an injection of US$3bn equity from private investors.
- Fudan University Law School, China (LLB and LLM)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, US (LLM)
- State of New York bar